Photo by Oskay
Two great Ideas about society and business.
This is Lessig’s idea, in a nut-shell (from “free culture“)
“1. Creativity and innovation always build on the past.
2. The past always tries to control the creativity that builds on it.
3. Free societies enable the future by limiting the past.
4. Ours is less and less a free society. “
This is from Godin’s post, today:
“And almost without exception, organizations are run by people who want to protect the old business, not develop the new one.”
So much alike. So much different.
Two accompanying thoughts:
- Peter Drucker wrote that you can never know how a product that was created in one field could be used in another field. The same is true regarding ideas.
- There are some concepts which are universally true. Not always. Not forever. But in a given time or period, one idea will always be true no matter where and no matter what field. The problem is coming up with these super-ideas.